CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 5, 2007

Exciting new events!

Well it's been a couple of days since I posted anything new, but we've had tons of new things happening. Tuesday, I got to change my first diaper! How exciting! I'm sure it won't be quite as fun nine or ten months from now, but I was very excited, nonetheless. Wednesday night, Eric and I got to help give him a bath! His biliruben is down to 2.9, so he is still under one light. They stopped his feedings again a few days ago because he had a little bit of residual (food that wasn't digested) on his tummy. They did another ultrasound of his belly today and will probably start feeding him again tomorrow. Tonight, Eric and I got to hold him for the first time!!! I think it was the most exciting moment since he was born! Unless you've been there, it's hard to imagine going almost 2 weeks without holding your baby. It felt so awesome! He is up to 2 lbs 5.7 oz, and felt so tiny when we held him! He just looked up at us the entire time we were holding him. I know babies can't really make out a lot of what they're seeing when they're that young, but his eyes were looking right at Eric and me when we held him. It was so sweet. I gave him his bath tonight. I love getting to interact with him.

Last night, there was an envelope in his bed from the NICU social worker. Inside was a free parking decal and a letter stating that since Jaxson was under 2 lbs 10 oz at birth, he was eligible for Medicaid and SSI benefits. The Medicaid would be supplemental to our insurance and would cover any co-pays that he has, and the SSI benefits would send us a check for about $30 a month. We figure that will at least cover us for a tank of gas! What a blessing! Co-pays can add up, and that is one less thing we have to worry about right now!

The last few days have been wonderful! One of the babies in his room got to go home today, and was exciting to watch the parents get to take her home. I can't wait for that day! Thank you so much for continuing to pray for us! We ask that you pray for Jaxson's health and growth, and for strength and energy for Eric and me. God has blessed us so much with such a sweet, healthy boy!

3 comments:

The Grier Family said...

Lisa, I can only imagine the joy there must have been when you and Eric were able to hold baby Jaxson. I could not imagine going that long before being able to hold Rachel when she was born. I am amazed at how well you have held up through all of this. I know that your faith has pulled you through so far. I Love You and continue to prayer for your whole family through this time. I hope to see you and Jaxson real soon.

crystin sims said...

"I am so excited to see how well Jaxson is doing! Me and Olivia pray for him every night that God will continue to make him strong and healthy! We love ya'll!"

Anonymous said...

Well written article.