CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 2, 2007

Time to eat again!

Jaxson is up to 2 lbs and 3.6 oz! We got several good reports from his doctors today. This morning the nurse told me they were weaning him off the CPAP tube and on to a nasal cannula. Once he is off the CPAP, we should be able to hold him! He also got a clean report from the cardiologist. The medicine they gave him to close the valve in his heart has worked to their approval. The valve is stil open, but just barely. They feel confident it will close up in the next few days on its own. They do not plan to give him any more medicine for that! What a blessing! His biliruben was down from yesterday. Hopefully, tomorrow it will be back down to a low enough level to stop the phototherapy. They plan to start feeding him again tonight, since they are through with his heart medicine. I know he'll be so excited to get to eat! They'll probably start out with 10cc again to see how he does. God is so good! We are so thankful for all your prayers and would like to ask you to pray for the other families in the NICU that we have met. Many of their stories make us sad. We are so greatful that God has given us such a blessing! I hope to have new pictures up soon! We love you all!

4 comments:

JenB said...

Don't know if you know me or not, but I go to CrossPoint and I just wanted to let you know that I've been keeping both Mom & Dad, and baby Jaxson in my prayers! He is one amazing little man! Glad to know you are feeling better Lisa! Get your rest for when then awesome boy comes home, because you will need it!
Blessings,
Jenny Barrett

Kat Drinkard said...

The the whole Gray family, I just wanted to say how proud of baby Jaxson I am. He is doing so well and growing so much every single day. I am very impressed w/ your outlook on his condition. Please continue w/ the good work and great outlook. God is in control and He is Great!!!! We all will continue to pray for you all!!!

Kat D.

Amber said...

Baby Jaxson is doing amazing things! God is so awesome and I know he has great plans for Jaxson's life!

Yours and all the families with little ones in the NICU will remain in my prayers!

~~HUGS~~
Amber

Shea said...

It is so comforting to know we serve a mighty God and that He hears and answers our prayers. I praise God for all the good news you have received and will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Shea