CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Day 37


A little update on Jaxson...

He is doing better. He is still on the ventilator, but will hopefully be off in the next day or two. When he kept dropping his heart rate last week, they decided he had to go back on something. They avoided the CPAP to give his nose a chance to heal. The nurse practitioner told us his nose is one of the worst ones she has seen. He's had these machines on there for so long, that his nose is like an open wound. It's starting to look better though. He is on several antibiotics to fight off his infection. They are treating him for NEC (necrotizing enterocolitis). They don't necessarily think he has NEC, they are just being prophylactic. His platelet count is still low. He's running in the mid 40's, but he seems to be feeling much better. He is up to 3 lbs 15 oz! He doesn't seem to mind the fact that he's not getting food again, seeing how he keeps right on gaining weight!

Please keep us in your prayers! He gave us quite a scare last week!


I was reminded last week of this song I learned as a kid:


He's still working on me, to make me what I ought to be
It took Him just a week to make the moon and the stars,
the sun and the Earth and Jupiter and Mars.
How loving and gracious He must be,
cause He's still working on me.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through a search on Technorati. I too just had a 2 pound baby..maybe even on the same day or close to it, March 25.

I will keep your little Jaxson in my prayers.

Here is a link to my blog:
http://chadwickzone.blogspot.com/